Frequently Asked Questions about Divorce
After the Divorce
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Allegations of Child Abuse
- Children and Divorce
- Children as Witnesses
- Guidelines For Your Conduct With Your Children
- I have had some problems during my marriage with depression
- I Once Had a Brief Affair
- I Want to Move Out of State and Take Our Children
- Misuse of Children in Divorce Proceedings
- Child Support
- Child Support Guidelines
- How does the judge calculate the numbers?
- Who pays our chidren's College Education?
- Are my conversations with my counselor confidential?
- Do we have to go to counseling together?
- Do we have to see the same counselor?
- Must I go to counseling even if I don't want to?
- Should I consider counseling for my children?
- Why should I/we go to counseling?
- A Brief Overview of Custody Litigation
- Joint Custody of Your Children
- Legal and Physical Custody of Children
- Questions about kidnapping and kidnapping prevention.
- Temporary and Permanent Legal Custody of Children
- An Overview of the Divorce Process
- The Divorce Petition
- How long will my divorce take?
- Negotiated Settlement
- Nothing is happening in my case, what can I do?
- Response to the Divorce Petition
- Temporary Orders
- The Relationship With Opposing Counsel
- What are the chances my case can be settled?
- What happens if we want to reconcile after filing for divorce?
- What is Discovery?
- When Should I File for Divorce?
- Why did my spouse ask for so much in the Petition?
- Your Relationship to Third Parties
- Your Conduct During the Divorce
How to Hire a Lawyer
- Attorney's Fees and Costs
- Communication Between Lawyer and Client
- Fees and Costs FAQs
- Interview Your Lawyer Before You Hire
- The Lawyer-Client Relationship
- What to Look for When Hiring a Lawyer
- What You Can Expect From Your Lawyer
- What You Should Not Expect From Your Lawyer
AAML Divorce Manual
Download AAML Divorce Manual Divorce-Manual.pdf