Jerry Nissenbaum on Cover of Boston Magazine - Best Lawyer
Law offices of Wendy Hickey 617.330.9090
Search the Site  
Home >> Related Contempts

Related Contempts

Once the court has issued a temporary order or judgment requiring a person to do something such as pay alimony or child support, if that person fails to take whatever action is required by the order, they may be in contempt.

If the party fails to comply with the order, a complaint for contempt must be filed and a summons served in hand. The defendant is then forced to appear before the court and explain why he/she should not be held in contempt. If the defendant is ordered to pay money arrears, he or she should also be ordered to pay the plaintiff's legal fees.

Summary of State Law

About the Firm

The information contained in this web site is not legal advice; it is for educational purposes only. Use of Wendy Hickey website(s) does not create an attorney/client relationship between you and Wendy Hickey , even if you provide this web site, whether by e-mail or through one of its software programs, with your personal or confidential information. If you are in the process of (or contemplating) a divorce or involved in any legal matter, you should hire a lawyer.

Copyright Notice
Copyright 2017 Wendy Hickey Law. All rights reserved. Reuse or copying of any material contained within this web site is by permission only, unless otherwise specified. Direct your questions about permissions to Wendy Hickey.